Portland is inviting you to shop, eat and play downtown this Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019, with a number of special promotional deals.
Transportation & parking discounts
These discounts are valid on Saturday, Aug. 24:
- Free parking on street and at SmartPark lots
- Portland Streetcar: free all day
- Biketown: free all day (on pay as you go accounts; must create an account to participate)
- Lime: one free ride with code (up to $5) on trips starting downtown and in Central Eastside (CODE: WeLIMEpdx)
- Bird: one free ride with code (up to $5) on trips starting downtown and in Central Eastside (CODE: Stumptown)
- Spin: one free ride with code (up to $5) on trips starting in downtown/Central Eastside (CODE: SHOPEATPLAY)
- Lyft: 50% off one ride up to $5 (geofenced to downtown and Central Eastside) (CODE: PDXLOVE19)
- Wiz Bang Bar (located in Pine Street Market) is offering free magic shell with any purchase (Saturday, Aug. 24, only).
Celebrate the opening of Portland’s new visitor center
Travel Portland is excited to invite you to our Visitor Center Grand Opening Celebration at Director Park. We’ll be celebrating Portland all weekend long (Friday, Aug. 23–Sunday, Aug. 25) with interactive performances, culinary delights and experiential booths highlighting some of our valued partners.
Here are the events planned for Saturday, Aug. 24:
- 11 a.m. – DJ 8Flat
- 11:30 a.m. – Olive and Dingo (live performance)
- 12:30 p.m. – Portland Revels Sing A-Long (live performance)
- 1:30 p.m. – Portland Revels Dancers (live performance)
More Downtown Events this Saturday
Portland State University Farmers Market
This summer, Portland State University’s Farmers Market fills two entire city blocks with organic produce, baked desserts and prepared foods (which, by the way, make for excellent local gifts for people from out of town). You’ll also see a chef demonstrations from Matt Kedzie of Handsome Pizza and live music by Shorty and the Mustangs. (Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m.)
Portland Saturday Market
While the largest, continuously operating, open-air crafts market in the U.S. runs rain or shine, the summer Portland Saturday Market usually enjoys the latter. Longtime Portland dwellers and visitors support small businesses selling everything from handmade soap and screen-printed shirts, to lawn art and mouth-watering truffles. (Waterfront Park, Saturdays, 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sundays, 11 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)
Portland Persian Party
Celebrate Iranian culture and arts at the Portland Persian Party. Through visual art, music and dance, together we continue fostering community connection and pride, drive awareness and education about our diverse cultures and traditions, and we prove how Portland metropolitan area is a great place to live, work and visit! Join your Iranian American friends for an evening of fun, folk music and dance along with authentic food in Portland’s Living Room! (Pioneer Courthouse Square, Aug. 24, 6–8:30 p.m.)
Downtown Events this Sunday
Green Loop Sunday Parkways
There’s no better time to bike downtown than Green Loop Sunday Parkways, which follows the route of a planned linear park that will connect downtown and the inner east side. A long stretch of streets are closed to car traffic, creating a motor-free bike boulevard, that rolls through the West End, Lloyd, South Waterfront and other districts. You can pedal right into the heart of downtown, stopping at cultural hot spots including the Portland Art Museum, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) and Moda Center. (Aug. 25, 11 a.m.–4 p.m.)
Portland’5 Centers for the Arts
Enjoy $20 tickets to Café Tacvba at Keller Auditorium on Sunday, Aug. 25.