Thank you for considering a career at Travel Portland.
COVID-19 Update: Travel Portland employees are currently working semi-remotely. As we fill open positions, the first round of interviews will be conducted via Zoom or Teams. Second-round interviews will be conducted in person at the Travel Portland office in downtown Portland. You must show proof of vaccination to enter the office. Our building is Platinum LEED-Certified with strict environmental controls regarding air ventilation and flow. The interview will be conducted in a large conference room with no more than 5 Travel Portland staff members using mask and distancing protocols. If you have concerns, you will be able to discuss them with the Human Resources Director during the interview process.
There are no open positions at this time. Please check back.
Travel Portland offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical coverage — traditional, HMO or Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Life, disability & accidental death insurance
- Supplemental optional supplemental insurance
- TriMet public transportation pass
- Paid time off and holidays
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
At Travel Portland, we hold ourselves accountable for making equity, diversity and inclusion more than just words. We are taking action to ensure that our organization is learning and applying the competencies necessary to become a better employer, business and community partner. We believe that we are strongest when we embrace the strength of our differences.
We are committed to developing programs, partnerships and campaigns that reflect the dimensions of diversity through our destination’s people, places and experiences. We seek to make every effort to promote an authentic visitor experience rooted in the cultural tapestry of our communities and the hospitality and tourism industry. And we hold ourselves accountable to anti-discriminatory interactions guided by allyship, direct and open communication, integrity and mutual respect.
- Equity: The custom tools that identify and address inequality. Relates to the goal of everyone getting what they need to survive or succeed, whether that is access to opportunity, networks, resources or other tools, to reach their fullest potential. Equity is not the same as equality. Equity is not charity. Equity assumes that everyone starts from different places in terms of history, experiences, opportunities and resources. Equity involves understanding of the root causes of disparities in our society (or region). For Travel Portland, our goal is to ensure that our policies, programs, practices and investments create conditions that are impartial, fair and provide equal possible outcomes for every individual.
- Diversity: It is the presence of differences. Within the workplace and our vendor contracts, this can include dimensions of race; religion; color; sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation); parental status; socioeconomic class; national origin; age; disability; family medical history or genetic information; political affiliation; or military service. There are also differences related to work style, life experience, education, beliefs and ideas. Honoring these differences is essential to our commitment.
- Inclusion: Refers to the degree to which individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences can engage fully in the decision-making process within an organization or group. It is the practice of ensuring that people feel a sense of belonging in the workplace, ensuring that all employees feel comfortable, supported by the organization, and able to be their authentic selves.
Travel Portland’s Values
- We care about our city and our community.
- We are approachable and welcoming.
- We hold ourselves accountable for making equity, diversity and inclusion more than just words.
- We assume good intent and invite collaboration.
- We take pride in our work and always seek to do better.
- We are responsible stewards of our financial resources.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Was this page helpful?