Portland’s culinary game is a force to be reckoned with. Named the best food city in America by the Washington Post in 2015, our town is situated in an agricultural Eden, surrounded by prosperous farms and the bountiful Pacific Ocean. We’ve collected PDX’s best food-related events to help you make the most of what our sweet and savory city has to offer all year round—and it’s more than enough to get your mouth watering.
January Food Events
- Mochitsuki: Ring in the Japanese New Year by partaking in the country’s most delicious delicacies — think mochi, miso, bento and pickled tofu.
February Food Events
- Dumpling Week: Jet around the city sampling imaginative dumpling creations, like duck liver ravioli and kimchi pizza dumplings, from many of Portland’s tastiest eateries.
- Seafood & Wine Festival: Held at the peak of Dungeness crab season, this Portland tradition features fresh seafood bites washed down with Oregon wines.
March Food Events
- Portland Dining Month: The best chance to sample Portland’s premier restaurants without breaking the bank, this citywide event promises an entire month of three-course meals for $29 at over 100 participating eateries.
- Macaron Day PDX: On this day (based on events in Paris and New York), Portland bakeries celebrate the arrival of spring by offering a free macaron to customers who donate to Meals on Wheels People.
April Food Events
- Portland Pizza Week: Everyone’s favorite food keeps you full and your wallet fuller with $2 slices offered all week at numerous joints around town, including Atlas Pizza.
- Tapas + Tequila: Traditional tapas are given Northwest flair and served with shots on shots at this OMSI After Dark event.
- Spring Beer & Wine Fest: For more than two decades, this festival has previewed the season’s best new brews, offering tastes of the finest Oregon refreshments and plenty of pub snacks.
This foodie festival, held every September, has cemented Portland’s reputation as a culinary capital of the world.
Every March, more than 100 Portland restaurants serve up three courses for just $33 nightly. There's no better time to visit this top culinary destination.
African-American-owned restaurants are featured during Portland's Support Black-Owned Restaurant Week, but they shine all year long.
June Food Events
- Negroni Week: This classic (and delicious) cocktail gets remixed by Portland restaurants and bars, with proceeds going to charity.
- Saké Fest PDX: Japanese and American brands unite under one roof to expand saké palates and educate imbibers about the rice-based libation.
- Portland Scandinavian Midsummer Festival: Aebleskiver, lingonberries and lefse offer visitors a welcome taste of Scandinavia at this annual culture fair.
August Food Events
- Tualatin Crawfish Fest: Creole flavor takes over Tualatin, southwest of Portland, with a three-day event devoted to these freshwater crustaceans.
- Elephant Garlic Fest: Food vendors deliver garlic-heavy treats (including the infamous garlic ice cream), along with a parade and other activities, to North Plains, northwest of Portland … the odor is worth it.
- Jade Night Market: For two Saturdays in August, nearly 100 international vendors bring an authentic, cross-cultural selection of food, music and goods to Southeast Portland.
- Burger Week: When more than 30 restaurants compete to prove their $5 burger is king, we, the eaters, are the real winners.
- Portland Korean Food Festival: The Korean word mukja (“Let’s eat!”) is embodied at this celebration of Korean foods, featuring dishes from the chefs behind favored establishments like Kim Jong Grillin and Han Oak.
September Food Events
- Bite of Oregon: Enjoy locally sourced tastes and demos from esteemed local chefs, paired with regional craft brews and Willamette wines. Proceeds from this annual festival, held on the Rose Quarter Commons, benefit Special Olympics Oregon.
- Taste of Latin0america: To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, the Portland Mercado dispenses traditional foods from over 20 regions of Latin America.
- Feast Portland: More than 30 local and out-of-town chefs flock to Portland for four days of all-out culinary bliss, with events like the Brunch Village, Night Market and beloved Sandwich Invitational, as well as dinners, tastings and hands-on classes.
- Mt. Angel Oktoberfest: Go full Bavarian this Oktoberfest; German and Northwest craft brews are accompanied by plenty of sausages and, naturally, wiener dog races, all in a quaint town 40 miles (64 km) south of Portland.
- Polish Fest: Give pierogies and kielbasa their due respect at this Polish-palooza celebrating a weekend of Polonia’s finest.
October Food Events
- The Wedge: Get down with the stinky stuff at this farmers’ market-style festival, which flaunts local cheeses alongside fresh jams, nuts, charcuterie and other choice pairings.
- Wild About Game: Meat is king at this annual cook-off on Mount Hood, where Portland and Seattle’s elite chefs are pitted against one another to creating mouthwatering dishes from game like buffalo, elk and quail.
- Greek Festival: Taste traditional Greek platters and desserts amidst imported crafts, folk dancing and a raffle for a Mediterranean vacation. Opa!
- VegFest: Explore a compassionate, plant-based lifestyle at this annual gathering of all things veg, featuring speakers, fitness classes and food demos for eaters of all ages and diets.
- Fermentation Festival: Fermentation goes way beyond pickles at this funky fest, which dishes up kimchi, ‘kraut, kombucha and more.
- Apple Tasting: Embrace fall at Portland Nursery, with more than 60 apple varieties to sample and buy, as well as fresh-pressed cider demonstrations and other family fun.
November Food Events
- NW Food and Wine Fest: With over 600 wines available for tasting and Northwest delicacies like pates, lamb and fresh oysters, this is a culinary experience to remember.
- Beaujolais Nouveau Festival: Made from grapes harvested every summer, the year’s limited-edition batch of Beaujolais Nouveau wine is served alongside a massive French-inspired buffet.
December Food Events
- Holiday Ale Festival: Cheer comes in all shapes and bottles at this frosty celebration in Pioneer Courthouse Square, which gives the gift of seasonal tappings to those looking to combat winter’s chill.
Celebrate Negroni Week in Portland
Each June, do good while sipping delicious drinks during Portland's Negroni Week, when proceeds benefit dozens of charities.
Wine Country Thanksgiving
During Oregon’s premier tasting and cellar-stocking event, more than 150 wineries open their doors to the public, offering samples of favori
Portland Beer Week
Portland Beer Week spotlights Portland’s breweries, high-quality brews and vibrant beer culture.
Beer Festivals in Portland
Portland isn't shy about its love of beer — the city has nearly as many beer festivals as it does breweries.
Portland’s Holiday Ale Festival
The Holiday Ale Festival, set beneath the region’s largest decorated holiday tree, returns every year with more than 50 big, bold beers designed to keep revelers warm on cold winter nights.
The Kenton Farmers Market is located in the heart of the historic Kenton neighborhood in North Portland. Founded in 2012, the market’s live music and festive street-fair atmosphere thrive among this growing business district. The market is easily accessible by MAX, biking and walking, and it’s a fun = mid-week destination for fresh, local food….
Mac ‘n’ cheese, the versatile and unapologetically cheesy side dish, is being celebrated as the main event at this fall food festival in Portland. Portland Mac + Cheese Festival on Sunday, October 27 is preceded by the Vegan Mac + Cheese Festival on Friday, October 25.
The Portland Night Market showcases many unique businesses that call Portland home. Blending food, culture, music, drinks and retail together for an adventurous evening in the Central Eastside. Come meet some of Portland’s best makers and creators! The Portland Night Market is a bimonthly, free event and open to all ages.
The ilani Wine & Food Fest will be nonstop, with three days full of regional and celebrity chefs, grand tastings and can’t-miss signature events, including the Celebrity Chef Dine Around, Vintage Elite Cru Tasting and the Bloody Mary & Bubbles and Chef & Champagne Brunches.
Pumpkin beers by independent brewers will be on every tap at Rogue Eastside Pub & Pilot Brewery for the 2019 Killer Pumpkin Festival! We’re going to have an absolutely killer time at this year’s Killer Pumpkin Festival. Our annual gourd celebration is a fundraiser for CAMP UKANDU. There’ll be so many pumpkin beers to try…
Portland’s first single fruit dedicated beer fest returns to Saraveza for the seventh year. A celebration featuring rare tart, juicy and funky peach infused beers and ciders in a variety of styles. Experience luscious fruit sours, tropical peach IPAs and rounded, fruity ales. The lineup includes offerings from: Block 15, Breakside Brewery, Little Beast Brewing,…
In its 14th year, the legendary Northwest Food and Wine Festival returns as the definitive wine festival in Portland with a targeted half-day wine and food celebration. The festival brings the highest quality regional wines, spirits, beers, foods and prominent chefs and restaurants. It’s designed to present a rich and rewarding experience for wine lovers,…
Enjoy the twinkling magical wonderland of ZooLights – without any kids! Join up for the third annual BrewLights, a ZooLights brew festival experience just for the 21-and-over crowd with dozens of local beer, cider and seltzer vendors to sample from. Enjoy local food carts, dance to live music, meet wildlife close-up and get your photo…