Note: This section was produced in collaboration with ProudQueer.com, formerly known as PQ Monthly.
Located only a few hours from the beach, the mountains and the high desert, Portland is a sports and wilderness lover’s fantasy come true. In addition to regional outdoors offerings, Portland offers a wide range of hiking, biking and water sports within city limits.
The all-female, volunteer-run roller derby team battled its way to the top of Portland’s sports fandom, and a world championship, in recent years.
With a fervent following, every Portland Timbers and Thorns match has a festive atmosphere that's enjoyable whether you're a soccer fan or not.
When the weather heats up, folks flock to the water. For paddlers, that typically means hitting one the many rivers in and near Portland.
LGBTQ visitors can partake in exciting sports and activities with the following groups:
- Rose City Softball Association
- PDX Lesbian Network (snowshoeing, boating and more)
- The Adventure Group
- Amazon Dragons Paddling Club
- NetRippers (soccer)
- Portland Frontrunners
- Portland Gay and Lesbian Community Bowling Association (PCBA)
- Portland Recreational Sports League
- Rosetown Ramblers (square dancing)
- Varsity Gay League