With changing weather patterns, prolonged drought and hotter heatwaves, Oregon has endured an increase in wildfires in recent years. The summer months into early fall offer more chances of wildfire danger due to deceased rainfall in the region. This page offers trusted resources to check for wildfire statuses in and around Portland.
Know Before You Go
Current conditions and updates will be posted here for any active wildfires when they occur in Portland and the surrounding area.
Current Conditions in Portland
Currently, there are no impacts to air quality or closures in Portland due to wildfires.
State & Regional Conditions
Use the list below to find current wildfire conditions. We recommend also checking with the site you are trying to visit for the most up-to-date information.
- Bureau of Land Management – Current access statuses of BLM-managed public lands, roads, sites and trails.
- Oregon State Parks – In the summer months, and dry season there can be campfire restrictions and fire bans in place at state parks campgrounds, day-use areas and beaches.
- RAPTOR – This real-time map shows current, active fires in the state.
- Travel Oregon – Up-to-date wildfire information impacting the state.
- U.S. Forest Service – Trail closures may occur due to active fires, proximity to active fires, recent fire damage and restoration projects. Please check trailheads and guides before hitting the trails.
Local News Sites
Find updates, breaking news and additional resources at these outlets:
- Oregon Wildfire Resources – State of Oregon
- TripCheck – Oregon Department of Transportation
- Wildfires and Smoke – Oregon Health Authority
- Air Quality Index – Oregon Smoke Information
- Wildfires – PublicAlerts
- What You Need to Know About Wildfires – Travel Oregon
Was this page helpful?