Know Before You Go
All details are subject to change, so please contact tour operators for the latest information.
Mount Hood/Gorge Combo Tours
Many operators run tours that include both the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood. These typically include stops at Crown Point, Multnomah Falls and Hood River in the gorge and Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood.
- EcoTours’ Multnomah Falls/Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls/Mount Hood Loop Tour is offered daily.
- Oregon Tour Co.’s Mt. Hood/Gorge Loop departs daily.
- Sea to Summit’s Columbia Gorge and Mt Hood Tour operates daily.
- Terran Travel operates two tours, The Hood-Columbia Loop: Timberline, Orchards, and Waterfalls offered on Wednesdays and the Mt. Hood Wine & Waterfalls tour offered daily.
- Wildwood Adventures has a Gorge Waterfalls and Mount Hood tour that’s offered daily.
Private Mount Hood Tours
The following operators provide private Mount Hood tours for individuals and small groups.
- The Timberline Lodge, Trillium Lake and Hood River Valley Wine Tasting tour from The Vintage Tour Bus Co. is available for groups of six or more.
- My Chauffeur Wine Tours offers private Mt. Hood packages for a minimum of four people.
- Endless Oregon Tours’ Mt. Hood tour starts with Mount Hood, then returns to Portland through the gorge.
- Eat Adventures Food Tours offers a private Mt. Hood & Columbia River Gorge Food & Sightseeing Tour. This tour has a four-person minimum and is offered March–September.
- Envi Adventures’ small-plane Quicksand Triangle flight follows the Sandy River past Mount Hood and back over the Columbia River. The flight operates May–October and carries up to three people.
- First Nature Tours offers Mount Hood day trips.
- Evergreen Escapes’ Private Mt. Hood Loop Adventure is an all-inclusive option.
- Hometown Advantage runs a private Mt. Hood Waterfalls Coach Tour.
- Kanemasu and Education Tour Center offer custom tours for visitors from Japan.
Don’t hit the slopes on an empty stomach! This guide dishes on where to fuel up for the day, lunch mid-mountain and relax with pizza and pints après-ski.
Just a 90-minute drive from downtown, Mount Hood sits right in the city’s backyard and makes for a heck of a winter playground.
For an epic Hood experience, you don’t need crampons and ice axes — or to even leave your room. Here’s a look at some of the mountain’s unique lodging options.
Mount Hood Shuttles
The Mt. Hood Express public bus runs daily from the city of Sandy, about 30 miles (48 km) east of Portland, to Timberline on Mount Hood. Depending on the season, the bus carries bike trailers or ski boxes for your gear.
Sea to Summit operates ski mountain shuttles to the major Mount Hood ski resorts.
Mount Hood Tour Operators
- A Sea to Summit Tour & Adventure
- America’s Hub World Tours
- Eat Adventures Food Tours
- EcoTours of Oregon Day Tours
- Endless Oregon Tours
- Envi Adventures
- Evergreen Escapes
- First Nature Treks & Tours
- Hometown Advantage
- My Chauffeur Wine Tours
- Oregon Tour Co.
- Oregon Tour Experts
- Portland Education Tour Center NTS (USA)
- The Vintage Tour Bus Co.
- Wildwood Adventures Tours
Portland City Tours
Great for first-time visitors, city tours offer a comprehensive experience highlighting the best that Portland has to offer.
Portland Walking Tours
These tours let you experience a street-level view of supremely walkable Portland.
Portland Bike Tours
Bike tours let you see Portland like a local, rolling through neighborhoods along this cycling-friendly city’s many bike paths, trails and lanes.
Portland Food Tours
Removed Portland Walking Tours due to closure. [IW 12/29/20] Get a taste of Portland on a variety of food tours focused on specific ingredients, venues or neighborhoods.
Portland Beer Tours
Explore “Beervana” with the help of local expert tour guides on these Portland beer tours.
Wine Tours Near Portland
Removed Portland Walking Tours due to closure. [IW 12/29/20] Let someone else do the driving while you enjoy wine tasting and vineyard views.
Columbia River Gorge Tours
Explore the waterfalls of the national scenic area just east of Portland with a guide and driver.
Portland Boat Tours
See Portland and the region from the water on boat tours that traverse the Willamette and Columbia rivers.
Portland Cannabis Tours
Take a cannabis tour to help orient you, take you to top spots and provide a safe way to consume.
Portland Outdoor Adventure Tours
Explore the great outdoors in and around Portland with these tour operators.
Was this page helpful?