Demonstrations are planned at the dates and locations listed below. We recommend that visitors avoid these areas at the times specified:
- Saturday, May 1, at 9 p.m. at Shemanski Park in downtown Portland.
- Saturday, May 1, at 9 p.m. at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility in South Portland (4310 S Macadam Ave.).
As in many American cities, demonstrators have taken to the streets of Portland in support of Black Lives Matter following the murder of George Floyd. While most of the demonstrations have been peaceful, conflicts between police, protesters and counter-protesters have resulted in violence, as reported in national media. While most of the demonstrations and violent incidents have occurred downtown near the Justice Center, demonstrations have also been held at other law enforcement buildings throughout the city. Similarly, most, but not all, of the violence has occurred late at night. Travel Portland urges all visitors to exercise caution and avoid areas where demonstrations are planned.
For real-time information, please follow local news on social media (see links below) or @PortlandPolice.
- KATU | @KATUNews
- KGW | @KGWNews
- KOIN | @KOINNews
- Oregon Public Broadcasting | @OPB
- The Oregonian/OregonLive | @oregonlive
- Portland Mercury | @portlandmercury
- Willamette Week | @wweek
Was this page helpful?