Columbia River Gorge tours are an ideal way for visitors to experience the popular Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area without worrying about traffic or parking.
Know Before You Go
All details are subject to change, so please contact tour operators for the latest information.
Columbia River Gorge Tours
These general tours offer an introduction to the beautiful gorge.
- Gray Lines’ Multnomah Falls & Columbia River Gorge Tour runs daily in the summer, weekends otherwise.
- Oregon Tour Co. offers a Columbia River Gorge Tour twice daily.
- Wildwood Adventures offers a half-day Gorge Waterfalls Tour.
- Sea to Summit offers a Columbia Gorge Waterfalls half-day tour as well as a full-day Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls & Wine tour, both daily.
- High 5 Tours combines cannabis with the Columbia on its Multnomah Falls Adventure, offered Fridays.
- Pedal Bike Tours’ Columbia River Gorge tour covers 6 miles over five hours.
- Evergreen Escapes offers a Columbia Gorge Waterfalls & Wine Tour year-round Thursday–Monday and on Tuesday and Wednesdays from June 15–Sept. 30.
Columbia River Gorge Boat Tours
See the gorge from the mighty river that carved it on these boat tours.
- The Portland Spirit’s Explorer offers the adventurous Heart of the Gorge Exploration, a 120-mile (193 km) journey from downtown Portland, daily June–September.
- Also under the Portland Spirit umbrella, the Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler provides dinner, brunch and sightseeing tours departing from Cascade Locks in the Columbia River Gorge.
City and Gorge Tours
- Gray Lines packages its Multnomah Falls Tour and Hop-On, Hop-Off Trolley.
- America’s Hub World Tours offers a Portland City Tour & Gorge Waterfalls Combo daily.
Gorge and Mount Hood Tours
Many operators run tours that include both the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood with stops at Crown Point, Multnomah Falls, Hood River and Timberline Lodge.
- EcoTours’ Multnomah Falls/Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls/Mount Hood Loop Tour is offered daily.
- Oregon Tour Co.’s Mt. Hood/Gorge Loop departs daily.
- Wildwood Adventures offers a daily Gorge Waterfalls and Mount Hood tour.
- Sea to Summit’s Columbia Gorge and Mt Hood Tour operates daily.
Private Columbia River Gorge Tours
The following operators provide private Columbia River Gorge tours for individuals and small groups.
- My Chauffeur Wine Tours offers private gorge tour packages for a minimum of four people.
- Endless Oregon Tours’ Waterfalls tour is available in the morning or afternoon.
- The Vintage Tour Bus Co. offers several gorge tours for groups of at least six people.
- Envi Adventures offers three small-plane flights through the Columbia River Gorge for up to three passengers.
- First Nature Tours offers Columbia Gorge day trips.
- Evergreen Escapes’ Columbia Gorge “Cliffs, Waterfalls and Wind” Tour is an all-inclusive option.
- Hometown Advantage runs a private Mt. Hoods Waterfall Coach Tour.
- Kanemasu and Education Tour Center offer custom tours for visitors from Japan.
Columbia River Gorge Shuttles
If you don’t need a full tour experience, but want to reach the gorge without the hassle of driving or parking, try these shuttle services.
- The Columbia Gorge Express offers seasonal daily service from East Portland’s Gateway Transit Center to Rooster Rock State Park, Multnomah Falls, Cascade Locks and Hood River.
- Cordilleran Tours operates the Columbia Gorge Trailhead Express from downtown Portland to Latourell Falls or Beacon Rock with capacity to carry bikes. This shuttle departs three times daily.
- Gorge Adventures & Supply provides shuttle service from Portland International Airport to many gorge destinations for groups of up to 8 people. For an additional fee, you can get a full day of transportation around the gorge.
Portland City Tours
Great for first-time visitors, city tours offer a comprehensive experience highlighting the best that Portland has to offer.
Portland Walking Tours
These tours let you experience a street-level view of supremely walkable Portland.
Portland Bike Tours
Bike tours let you see Portland like a local, rolling through neighborhoods along this cycling-friendly city’s many bike paths, trails and lanes.
Portland Food Tours
Get a taste of Portland on a variety of food tours focused on specific ingredients, venues or neighborhoods.
Portland Beer Tours
Explore “Beervana” with the help of local expert tour guides on these Portland beer tours.
Wine Tours Near Portland
Let someone else do the driving while you enjoy wine tasting and vineyard views.
Mount Hood Tours from Portland
Explore Oregon’s highest peak, located 90 minutes from Portland, with these tour operators.
Portland Boat Tours
See Portland and the region from the water on boat tours that traverse the Willamette and Columbia rivers.
Portland Cannabis Tours
These cannabis tours will help orient you, take you to top spots, and provide a safe way to consume.
Portland Outdoor Adventure Tours
Explore the great outdoors in and around Portland with these tour operators.