The following description was submitted by the event organizer.
Find out what makes Portland the remarkable and beautiful, progressive and controversial city it is. The seasoned guide will take Peak Touring Club members on 6 (six) exclusive, specially-themed van tours, the first Tuesday of each month, May through October (adjusting to the second Tuesday in July due to Independence Day).
Visit iconic sites, enjoy spectacular public art, gaze upon scenic vistas, see Portland old and new, and so much more while learning about the area's history, politics, art and architecture.
This year's tour themes are:
- Migrants and Misfits: "We just accumulate more and more strange people. All we are are the fugitives and refugees." Author Katherine Dunn on Portland.
- Green Garden Tour: Portland from a sustainability perspective, from cutting-edge architecture to protected lands.
- Pridetown (History of Gay Portland): From the hills to the hot spots to the hot buttons.
- Portland Theatre History: Bards, boards, and boulevards; "What's past is prologue." (Shakespeare).
- Portland Literary Tour: A peek into the lives and inspirations of some of Portland's renowned authors.
- The Triple Butte Tour and Toast: Lava, legends, and landscapes; visit three astounding buttes and toast the final Peak Touring Club date of the season.
Payment plans are available, including $99 to "try and buy."
Morning or Afternoon membership options.