The following description was submitted by the event organizer.
Rocky Butte Farmers Market, an iconic urban neighborhood market featuring affordable locally grown foods and artisan products, weekly children's activities, live entertainment, and a dog-friendly, energetic block party vibe, is back for the 2023 Season.
The market's goal is to lower barriers to market participation for beginning and under-represented vendors and to strengthen connections within these diverse NE Portland communities. Rocky Butte Farmers Market is organized entirely by volunteers and funded by donations and sponsorships from local businesses and neighbors. Community members in the Madison South, Sumner, and Roseway neighborhoods and beyond are encouraged to get involved to help make RBFM a success.
- New and established vendors offer everything from local produce, meat & fish to pottery and handcrafted goods.
- Plentiful parking and a children’s playground, including a basketball court
- Weekly live music by curated musicians and fun and educational children’s programming
- Build Community connections – meet neighbors, vendors and entertainers.
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) accepted, and Double Up Food Bucks offered through a partnership with the Farmers Market Fund.