The following description was submitted by the event organizer.
The Northwest Film Center is hosting its 43rd Portland International Film Festival March 6-15, 2020. This year, PIFF will include films, talks, workshops, visiting artists, and parties! While heading to individual screenings is always an excellent option, PIFF passes are a great way to experience all that the festival offers.
Three-film Opening Night program features The Climb, as well as shorts America and The Giverny Document (Single Channel). One ticket includes all screenings, which will happen back-to-back at both venues. Attendees are welcome to come to one, or stay for all three! Followed by our Opening Night party in the Portland Art Museum’s Fred & Suzanne Fields Ballroom.
Disney Pixar’s Onward – Free Community Screening March 7th
Films and Venues:
- Last Night I Saw You Smiling, Cambodia; It Must Be Heaven, France/Qatar/German/Canada/Turkey/Palestine; I Was At Home, But…, Germany/Serbia; Swarm Season, US; The Cordillera of Dreams, France/Chile; The Long Walk, Laos; Zana, Kosovo/Albania; Transnistra (16mm), Sweden; Fire Will Come, Spain/France/Luxembourg; Again Once Again, Argentina; Advocate, Switzerland/Israel/Canada
- Cinema 21
- The Moneychanger, Uruguay/Argentina/Germany; Sunless Shadow, Iran/Norway; Fire Will Come, Spain/France/Luxembourg; The Wild Goose Lake, China/France; Sibyl, France/Belgium; A White, White Day, Iceland/Denmark/Sweden; Frank and Zed, Oregon; Nîpawistamâsowin: We Will Stand Up, Canada; Children of the Sea, Japan; Atlantis, Ukraine; Marona's Fantastic Tale, France/Romania/Belgium
- NW Film Center/Whitsell Auditorium
- Thunderbolt in Mine Eye, Oregon; Transnistra (16mm), Sweden; Giraffe, Belgium/France; Haida Modern, British Columbia; Present.Perfect, US/Hong Kong; Anne at 13,000 Ft., Canada; Borrufa, Oregon
- Empirical Theater at OMSI
- Sole, Italy/Poland; State Funeral, Netherlands/Lithuania
- Hollywood Theater
- Bacurau, Brazil/France