The following description was submitted by the event organizer.
Current science gets up close and personal at Meet A Scientist. This program, held on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month, features local scientists who share their research and knowledge with you through hands-on activities and conversation. Meet A Scientist exclusively features professionals who are OMSI Science Communication Fellows.
December 14 Topics – Come meet Ashley, George, Phylicia, Sarah, Benjamin and Katie:
- Do you know what happens after you flush the toilet or put food down the drain? Come learn how wastewater is treated and how we can use it to produce renewable energy!
- Learn the fascinating and unique structure of the inner ear, and discover how it tells different sounds apart.
- How does electricity get to your house? Let's bring electricity to a village without any power, while learning how to balance the power that travels between power plants and houses.
- Find out how hearing loss occurs, and potential treatments that are in progress.
- Learn how different factors in the environment may impact the risk of tick-borne illnesses in humans.
- Have you ever wondered how people get cancer? Here's an interactive (and safe) way to find out!
Upcoming Dates & Times
- Dec. 14