The following description was submitted by the event organizer.
Rain has come to the Tillamook State Forest, turning trickling streams into roaring rapids – but are you ready to go with the flow? Join the Tillamook Forest Center to plunge into the world of surging rivers, spawning salmon and the inner workings of watersheds to celebrate the ways in which rain transforms our forests.
Activities will feature:
• The popular salmon release, where you can discover the incredible lifecycle of Pacific salmon and release fry that were raised in the visitor center fish tank. Releases occur at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. each day.
• The final installment of the Fresh Brewed Forestry guest presenter series, featuring Mark Meleason, Aquatic & Riparian Specialist at the Oregon Department of Forestry. Grab a cup of coffee and join him for a rainforest walk on Saturday at 11 a.m. to discover the science on our forest’s rivers and streams.
• Watershed demonstrations and a craft room full of rain-related crafts.
• An outdoor salmon migration game. Can your fish make it safely to their spawning grounds?
• A rainy fashion photo booth to show off your rain gear. Post your photo to Facebook and you might win a prize.
Make sure to grab a passport in the lobby and get stamped at each activity to win a prize. Get your rain boots ready because this is a precipitation party you won’t want to miss.
Upcoming Dates & Times
- Nov. 16
- Nov. 17