Portland Streetcar: Getting Around Portland
On This Page
You can easily travel between the cultural attractions of downtown, the galleries and restaurants of the Pearl District and the boutiques of Northwest Portland — all on the sleek and modern Portland Streetcar. The streetcar line also serves Portland State University, RiverPlace and the Portland Aerial Tram.
The streetcar operates from 5:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:15 a.m.-11:45 p.m. Saturday, and 7:15 a.m.-10:30 p.m. Sunday. The streetcar runs approximately every 15 minutes. Arrival times are posted on real-time electronic signs at most streetcar stops.
- A two-hour adult streetcar ticket costs $1 and can be purchased onboard any streetcar.
- An all-day adult streetcar pass costs $5 and can be purchased onboard any streetcar.
- You can also buy TriMet tickets onboard the streetcar. These tickets are valid on MAX light rail trains and TriMet buses, as well as the streetcar, and cost $2.50 for two hours, or $5 for all-day.
- Fare boxes on the streetcars accept coins and $1 and $5 dollar bills.
- Tickets purchased on TriMet buses and MAX light rail are accepted on the streetcar.
- Yellow validator boxes on the cars can be used to validate pre-purchased TriMet tickets.