Travel Portland’s international tourism objective is to strengthen the region’s economy by creating demand and marketing the Portland region as a preferred destination for international and domestic travelers by proactively selling to travel trade with the goal to reach consumers with buyable (and trackable) product offerings from Travel Portland’s partners. Three managers work proactively in these primary markets: Australia/New Zealand, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, the United Kingdom, China, Japan, Taiwan and the United States.
This is a team effort — and Travel Portland partners are part of the team. We encourage you to participate. This section is provided for you, our valued partner, to provide you with useful information to incorporate into your own business plans as well as opportunities to work directly with Travel Portland.
MARKET RESEARCH AND PROFILES
Travel Portland Market Factsheets (PDFs)
- Nordic Countries
- United Kingdom
- Domestic Trade
Brand USA Market Profiles (PDFs)
- Australia and New Zealand
- Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- South Korea
- United Kingdom and Ireland
- Understanding the Language of Tourism – Glossary (PDF)
- International Visits to travelportland.com FY2017-18 (PDF)
- Tourism Economics Global City Travel 2018 (PDF)
- New & Notable Spring 2019(PDF)
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVOLVEMENT
Tourism Activity Calendar
This regularly updated spreadsheet lists upcoming events (sales missions, trade shows, etc.) along with details on how Travel Portland partners can participate. Information subject to change.
- 2019-2020 Travel Portland Tourism Activity Calendar (Excel file, updated July 29, 2019)
International Tourism & Grant Program
Travel Portland’s International Tourism Grant Program is designed to connect active partners in the Tourism Improvement District (TID) funding zone with international markets. The grants, now in its sixth year, will be available for the 2019/2020 fiscal year (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020) and cover two-thirds of the cost to attend an international sales activity with our team. The 2019/2020 grant cycle started in March 2019 with the first training. The next training session is scheduled for Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
- Oregon Tour & Travel Alliance Presentation by Bonotel (PDF, November 2017)
- Helpful tips to provide excellent service to international visitors (PDF, March 6, 2019)
- Lunch and Learn International Tourism (PDF, May 10, 2019)
Our concise international guide to Portland is available in multiple languages.