Travel Portland’s international tourism objective is to strengthen the region’s economy by creating demand and marketing the Greater Portland region as a preferred destination for international and domestic travelers by proactively selling to travel trade with the goal to reach consumers with buyable (and trackable) product offerings from Travel Portland’s partners. Three managers work proactively in these primary markets: Australia/New Zealand, Canada, France, Germany, Netherlands, the United Kingdom, China, Japan, Taiwan and the United States.
This is a team effort — and Travel Portland partners are part of the team. We encourage you to participate. This section is provided for you, our valued partner, to provide you with useful information to incorporate into your own business plans as well as opportunities to work directly with Travel Portland.
MARKET RESEARCH AND PROFILES
Travel Portland Market Factsheets (PDFs)
- Nordic Countries
- United Kingdom
- Domestic Trade
Brand USA Market Profiles (PDFs)
- Understanding the Language of Tourism – Glossary (PDF)
- International Visits to travelportland.com FY2015-16 (PDF)
- 2013-14 Travel Portland International Tourism infographic (PDF)
- International Visits to Greater Portland in 2014 (PDF)
OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVOLVEMENT
Tourism Activity Calendar
This regularly updated spreadsheet lists upcoming events (sales missions, trade shows, etc.) along with details on how Travel Portland partners can participate. Information subject to change.
- 2016-17 Travel Portland Tourism Activity Calendar (Excel file, updated October 17, 2016)
International Tourism & Grant Program
Travel Portland’s International Tourism department is excited about this new program designed to connect active partners in the Tourism Improvement District (TID) funding zone with international markets. The grants, now in its fourth year,will be available in the 2017/18 fiscal year (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018) and cover two-thirds of the cost to attend an international sales activity with our team. The 2017/18 grant cycle will get started in April-May 2017 with Brown Bag lunch training. Please check back soon for more information.
- Helpful tips to provide excellent service to international visitors (PDF, April 20, 2017)
- International Tourism brown bag presentation (PPT, April 20, 2017)
Our concise international guide to Portland is available in multiple languages.