Full job description posted below. Visit our applicant portal to apply. The application deadline is Monday, April 12th at 4:00 pm.
|Job Title||Marketing Project Manager|
|Team / Department||Marketing|
Travel Portland is a promoter and steward of this evolving city and its progressive values, which have the power to transform the travelers who visit us.
The mission of Travel Portland is to generate economic impact through travel demand.
The Marketing Project Manager provides direct management of workflow systems in support of a variety of assigned projects within the Marketing Department, from one-off requests to extended campaigns. Projects may include, but are not limited to, printed collateral, advertising campaigns, content- or website-related materials, photo and video production, digital work, and graphic design.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Travel Portland is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identify, introduce, and continuously improve project management systems and workflows that efficiently and effectively shepherd marketing projects from initiation to completion. Systems must be applied and managed sustainably within the organization and may include guiding and training the process work with cross-departmental teams.
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing, scope assigned projects, create, and manage a detailed work plan that ensures on-time, on-budget and on-brand completion and deployment of marketing projects that support sales teams and customer-facing efforts.
- Manage marketing production calendar for all projects, including developing approval and feedback processes.
- Serve as the primary, day-to-day contact for internal clients and requests for marketing assistance.
- Serve as the primary, day-to-day contact for all internal and external resources (advertising agencies, designers, photographers, videographers, printers, etc.) required to complete the project.
- As directed and as needed, identify and secure new vendors required to complete a project.
- As directed, using a standard Travel Portland template prepare Independent Contractor/Service Agreements and procure the necessary signature approvals.
- Manage and reconcile detailed budgets for each project using the appropriate Travel Portland budgetary and accounting processes. Prepare reports, reconcile credit card statements, track invoices, and generate check requests.
- Manage and oversee all marketing assets: logo, brand guidelines, video files, imagery, and archived marketing files/sample for internal use on Travel Portland’s Box server and external use via Travel Portland’s Asset Management Library.
- Collaborate with Travel Portland’s Systems Integration Team to align project management needs with organizational systems and technologies.
- Other related duties, which may be necessary or desirable to support Travel Portland’s success.
This position has no supervisory responsibility but may provide leadership and guidance to volunteers and/or temporary staff and/or assist with orientation of new members of the work group.
Education and/or Experience
- Certified Project Management credential; or
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in project management with success in creating, organizing, and supervising projects in a team-based environment; or
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in English, communications, marketing, journalism, business, or a related field; or
- Project management experience in a marketing environment a plus
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties.
- At the advanced level of MS Project, JIRA, Basecamp, Teamwork, Trello or other equivalent project management software
- At the intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional, other graphic software, and general knowledge of office equipment
- Of basic marketing principles a plus
- At the intermediate level mathematical and bookkeeping
- At the intermediate level of file management and record keeping
- Of Portland and regional attractions, culture, dining, lodging and public transportation
- Of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- At the advanced level in project management including project planning, timeline, resource, and budget management
- In personal and work-related organization and time management
- In presentation and public speaking
- In expert customer service
- In business-related communication including verbal, written and telephone
- To achieve goals in high pressure situations
- To work effectively with wide range of people including industry partners
- To work with a diverse work force
- To exhibit/act in a positive, courteous, and conscientious manner when representing Travel Portland
- To be available for evening or weekend work approximately 5-7 times a year
- To travel independently 1-2 times a year
Physical Demands / Work Environment
General office environment: Majority of work is completed in a general office environment with exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated, and moderately paced environment.
Travel Portland believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our overall success. This contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this Job Description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or Travel Portland, to just the specific work identified. It is our hope that each employee will offer his or her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Visit our applicant portal to apply. The application deadline is Monday, April 12th at 4:00 pm.