The purpose of Travel Portland’s online events calendar is to feature those events whose appeal is wide enough to attract out-of-area visitors to travel to Portland for overnight stays and/or to entice convention delegates to extend their stays for one or more days.
Criteria for Inclusion
- The event must be open to the public. Priority will be given to events with high visitor appeal (based on visitor inquiries and historical attendance figures) and those that distinguish the city and/or region.
- Based on Travel Portland’s mission, only Portland and close-in regional events will be listed.
- Non-visitor events, including meetings, conventions, auctions, clinics, seminars, etc. will not be included.
- Events must be submitted at least 30 days in advance for guaranteed consideration. Events submitted less than 7 days prior to the event date will not be considered.
- Travel Portland reserves the right to decline to list any event that conflicts with Travel Portland’s mission or values.
How to Submit Your Event
- First, search the calendar for your event to make sure it hasn’t already been entered.
- Click “Submit an Event” from that page, or go directly to our form. (You will need to log in using a Facebook or LinkedIn account, but your Facebook / LinkedIn information won’t be displayed on the event that you’re submitting). Enter as much information as possible about your event and click “Add Event.”
- Once submitted, your event will be reviewed by Travel Portland and posted to our calendar. Travel Portland may edit event information for grammar, style and accuracy. Entries will be reviewed and posted within 3 business days of submission. Note: If Travel Portland has its own article or description of your event, your submission will be merged with that content.
- Technical questions? Contact Travel Portland’s calendar editor at email@example.com.