Travel Portland is currently seeking a freelance designer to produce a variety of concepts and visual content to support our digital marketing initiatives.
Please note this is freelance position, with an estimated weekly commitment of approximately 10-20 hours.
Responsibilities include a broad range of tasks from supporting new ideas at their earliest conception to improvement and optimization of established elements and designs.
- Designing new components and features in collaboration with Travel Portland team members for a variety of digital properties including our website, mobile apps, and more.
- Producing flow diagrams, wireframes, and graphic designs for new conceptual items.
- Creating visual graphics and designs building off existing brand guidelines and design direction.
- Clearly communicating reasons behind design choices to stakeholders during reviews and meetings.
- Apply, review, and adjust our iconography, maps, and typography to projects as needed.
- Submitting completed assignments in the specified format and on deadline.
- In line with Travel Portland’s commitment to the city and its community, candidates must be based in the Portland Metro area.
- 5+ years of web design and UX experience with commercial clients.
- A compelling portfolio showcasing previous skills and work on digital assets.
- Solid understanding of web design and digital user experience best practices.
- Ability to apply a mobile-first design strategy to responsive web layouts and components.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Figma, Sketch, & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working with clients in the Travel & Hospitality industry a plus.
- Familiarity with WordPress functionality is a plus.
- Must be equipped with own equipment including computer, design software, and accessories (Travel Portland will provide access and licenses to our shared collaboration software suite).
Compensation & Contract Details
- Hourly Rate: $75/hr
- Estimated Weekly Commitment: 10-20 hrs
- Contract Period: A three-month initial contract commitment with an indefinite extension by mutual agreement.
- Location: Outside of a very occasional in-office meeting, all work can be conducted remotely for this contract position.
Application Process & Schedule
Interested candidates should apply through the form below with their resume and portfolio.
Our anticipated application schedule:
- Application announcement: Jan. 23, 2023.
- Application reviews & interviews begin: Jan. 30, 2023.
- Interviews will be conducted by phone or virtually.
- First-round 15-20 min interviews beginning Jan. 30, 2023.
- Follow-up interview for finalists beginning Feb. 6, 2023.
- Application period closes: Feb. 12, 2023.
- Final selection on, or prior to, the week of Feb. 20, 2023.
- Offer & contract for work to be sent the week of Feb. 23, 2023.
- Work to begin Mar. 1, 2023 or later date by agreement.
About Travel Portland
Travel Portland is a promoter and steward of this evolving city and its progressive values, which have the power to transform the travelers who visit us.
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Was this page helpful?