Travel Portland is recruiting an AP & AR Manager. This position is responsible for managing Travel Portland’s accounts payables & receivables (AP/AR) in a professional and knowledgeable manner. Duties include the processes associated with the payment of invoices and the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. Application period ends at 4:00 pm on February 10, 2020. Apply now
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Serve as subject matter expert for accounts payable, purchasing, purchasing card and accounts receivable functions, accounting system modules, and policies
- In conjunction with CFO and Senior Finance Manager, develop and ensure compliance with accounting policies
- Prepare, maintain, balance and analyze financial data related to AP/AR
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning account status including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to the appropriate parties.
- Review and approve journal entries for accuracy to ensure the integrity of the general ledger
- Review the monthly AR aging reports and generates monthly customer statements
- Assist with monthly status (aging) reports and month-end closing
- Reviews/approve credit memos, process AR corrections, review/post AR cash receipts to ensure the integrity of the AR subsidiary ledger.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prepares and generates Vendor payments (Check, Wire, ACH), and submits associated Positive Pay file to banking institution.
- Distributes signed checks as required
- Prepares garnishment checks per reports from payroll
- Maintains all AP reports, spreadsheets and files
- Ensures all negotiated vendor payments are paid in accordance with the contract
- Acts as point of contact for staff regarding AP/AR issues, processes, policy and procedures
- Assists in year-end audit by preparing audit schedules, replying to and/or researching audit questions. In preparation for the new fiscal year, creates miscellaneous events and service orders for recurring non-event billings
- Responsible for annual 1099 tax form preparation including research/compliance with changing regulations
- Develop training documents and train staff as needed
- Maintain and manage vendor and customer data base
- Serve as backup to the payroll & Benefits Manager to include occasional payroll processing as needed
- Performs other duties as necessary to support accounting department
Individual Contributors – Management level position w/no direct reports
This position is primarily an individual contributor. This position has no supervisory responsibilities but provides guidance and leadership on specialized areas to internal clients, and to less experienced members of the work group. This position provides expert staff support to Travel Portland as needed.
Education and/or Experience; Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Associate degree in accounting required, Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in accounting or business preferred, and
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in complex bookkeeping, or
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of accrual accounting methods
- Knowledge of accounting software applications
- Skilled in performing accounting procedures; preparing and maintaining accurate records; compiling & preparing financial reports
- Skilled in creating and maintaining complex Excel spreadsheets
- Skilled in professional communication including verbal, written and telephone
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions
- Ability to define accounting problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to compile and present financial reports
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
General office environment: Majority of work is completed in a general office environment with exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated and moderately paced environment. Continuously required to sit, hear and/or respond to verbal/audio cues, see and/or respond to visual cues perform repetitive motions of hands and wrists, and read computer screen. Occasionally required to stand or walk. Rarely required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, bend, or reach with hands and arms. Rarely required to, push, pull and/or carry objects up to 50 pounds.
Rarely exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Travel Portland believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our overall success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this Job Description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or Travel Portland, just to the specific work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his or her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Application period ends at 4:00 pm on February 10, 2020. Apply now