The short answer: It’s amazing. The longer answer: Portland is a one-of-a-kind place that offers one-of-a-kind experiences. With tax-free shopping; a vast culinary landscape; nearby destinations (think wine country and Mount Hood, for starters); and the Oregon Convention Center (the largest convention facility in the Pacific Northwest); it’s easy to see why our city was named one of the best places to visit in the world.
6 Reasons to Meet in Portland
- Great Value — and Values: With no sales tax or food and beverage tax, Portland lets you stretch your budget while delegates indulge. We’re also big on saving the other kind of green, with a natural commitment to sustainability, inclusion and ethical practices.
- Spacious, Beautiful (and Sustainable!) Convention Center: The Oregon Convention Center (OCC) became the nation’s first LEED-certified meeting facility in 2004, then upped its game by going LEED Platinum in 2014. The OCC offers 255,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space, 50 meeting rooms totaling 55,000 square feet and two ballrooms totaling 60,000 square feet.
- Happy Planner, Happy Delegates (and Lots of Them): You’re already a hero (or a heroine); meeting in Portland will catapult you to super status. The city’s welcoming culture and famous food scene will delight delegates, and Travel Portland’s here-when-you need-us service keeps planners smiling.
- Hotel Package That Keeps Getting Better: With an enviable collection of boutique and big-name hotels, Portland’s hotel package is experiencing a big growth spurt. We are also very excited to announce the opening of the Hyatt Regency Portland, directly across from the Oregon Convention Center!
- Award-Winning Transportation: Portland has the nation’s best airport — and getting around gets even better when you step outside and experience our convenient, easy-to-navigate transit system that includes light rail, streetcars and the original mode of transport: walking.
- From Food to Beer, Taste It All: Portland is well known for its award-winning food scene. The best way to savor Portland’s most iconic dishes? One bite at a time. And enjoy a tasty microbrew along with it: Portland is home to more breweries than any other city on earth. (No wonder we call it “Beervana!”)
Ready to Learn More and Book Your Event?
Please contact Shawna Wellman, CMP, CASE
Shawna Wellman, CMP, CASE
National Account Director – Since 2004
Key Market Segments: Groups with 401+ peak room nights
Vertical Markets Regardless of Region: IEEE, Pharmaceutical
Delegates Love Portland
There's plenty for delegates to fall in love with before, during, and after the meeting.
From food carts to farmers markets and award-winning restaurants, Portland is a culinary haven for foodies of all stripes.
Portland is home to more breweries than any other city on earth. (No wonder we call it “Beervana!”)
Pick up everything in Portland (everything!) without sales tax in Portland. From handmade items to designer goods, you’ll find it all, tax-free.
Efficient public transit, miles of bike lanes and pedestrian-friendly city streets make navigating Portland a breeze.
Where to Stay
Use these guides to find the perfect place to lay your head during your trip to the Rose City.