City of Portland Permits
Sidewalk or Street Closures
For special events like fun runs/walks, bike races, parades, etc.
Portland Fire Marshal’s Office
- Permit application for public/special events
- General inquiry line for permits:
Portland Bureau of Transportation
For street use permits, traffic control plans, etc.
City of Portland Event Venues
Director Park is an intimate venue with an urban vibe and an artistic feel, making it ideal for a variety of mid-size and smaller events. Located in the heart of downtown Portland, it is designed in the style of a European piazza with moveable café tables and chairs.
Pioneer Courthouse Square is one of Portland’s leading outdoor venues, hosting over 300 events each year. The square is a full-service venue with on-site services including equipment, sound, lighting, labor and public relations support.
Food & Beverage Licenses
Oregon Liquor Control Commission Temporary Sale License (TSL)
This license is required for any event where alcohol is being sold directly or through an entry/ticket fee. If you are working with a venue’s preferred caterer, you will likely NOT need to apply for the TSL. Contact your caterer for more information.
- Temporary Sales License application – for-profit organization (PDF)
- Temporary Sales License application – nonprofit organization (PDF)
- Note: Alcohol can only be donated to a nonprofit registered in the State of Oregon.
Other OLCC Forms
Multnomah County Environmental Health
- Temporary restaurant license guide and application
This is only necessary if your event is selling or giving out food/food samples to the general public.