Three cities — Portland, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee — can make a difference; let us show you how.
In 2004, Portland, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee came together to form the longest-running DMO collective in history — dedicated to providing planners with the best service in the country, booking ease and savings for their events.
More than a decade later, the three cities stand by this mission. We can help your organization plan a multi-year event that saves you time and money by:
- providing you significant financial and logistical benefits when you book any combination of the three cities;
- saving you time by crafting long-lasting relationships with multiple CVBs that can help ease the transition between cities and events; and
- offering attendees three unique destinations that create one-of-kind experiences, provide superior hospitality and serve up successful events.
For additional information on the 3 City Collective, please contact:
- James Jessie, Senior Vice President of Convention Sales, Travel Portland;
- Karl Pietrzak, Vice President of Convention Sales, Visit Pittsburgh; or
- Jeff Baryenbruch, Executive Director of Sales, VISIT Milwaukee.
The Three Cities
Milwaukee is an easy-access destination featuring a three-venue convention campus with three connecting hotels. A blend of acclaimed restaurants, nightlife, festivals and off-site venues adds up to meetings at an incomparable value. The city offers a prime Lake Michigan location, thriving arts scene, professional sports, Midwestern hospitality and more than 3,500 hotel rooms.
Pittsburgh is as interesting as it is affordable, thanks to its transformation from a frontier town to a modern urban center in a convenient location. The expansive and sustainable David L. Lawrence Convention Center boasts LEED Platinum certification. Additionally, 5,000 hotel rooms located within the downtown place the convention center just steps away from hotel options to suit every budget.
Home to the LEED-EB Platinum certified Oregon Convention Center, Portland is known as the “Greenest City in America” (Travel + Leisure, May 2015). The city’s vibrant nightlife and award-winning dining offer delegates plenty to see and do. An acclaimed public transportation system makes it easy to get from the airport to the central city, where 7,500 hotel rooms serve the convention market.
Great for first-time visitors, city tours offer a comprehensive experience highlighting the best that Portland has to offer.