Three cities — Portland, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee — can make a difference. Let us show you how.
Since 2004, Travel Portland, VISIT Milwaukee and MeetPITTSBURGH have partnered to save planners time and money. The Three City Collective program offers both financial incentives and coordinated planning of the three cities’ sales and service teams. This results in seamless efficiency and exceptional service to our clients.
When you book with the Three City Collective, you’ll receive up to $3 per room night and enjoy the seamless efficiency of sales teams that have worked together for more than 16 years. It’s kind of like we’re paying you to do less work … now that’s a sweet deal.
The Three City Collective is based on our shared vision and commitment to providing the best convention product. Milwaukee, Pittsburgh and Portland share a number of qualities, including convention center size, sufficient number of hotels to house 1,100 to 1,500 on a peak night, a wide range of convention services offered and proximity to rivers or lakes.
How the Partnership Works
- Book two or three cities and get $1 per room night from each contracted city for each year.
- Joint sales events, trade shows, and marketing initiatives.
- Both sales and convention service staff work closely together, making the sales process and servicing of the conventions seamless.
Key Advantages for Meeting Planners
- Planners save time by working with three similar cities that communicate with each other regularly and are fully prepared for the group’s needs.
- For groups that require their conventions to rotate between several regions, the East/Midwest/West locations of Pittsburgh/Milwaukee/Portland are also ideal.
Examples of Groups Who Have Booked 3-Cities since 2016
- American Massage Therapy Association
- Collegiate Information and Visitors Services Association
- Education Market Association
- Engineers Without Borders
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
In 2004, Portland, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee came together to form the longest-running DMO collective in history — dedicated to providing planners with the best service in the country, booking ease and savings for their events.
Nearly two decades later, the three cities continue to stand together by this mission. We can help your organization plan a multi-year event that saves you time and money by:
- providing you significant financial and logistical benefits when you book any combination of the three cities;
- saving you time by crafting long-lasting relationships with multiple CVBs that can help ease the transition between cities and events; and
- offering attendees three unique destinations that create one-of-kind experiences, providing superior hospitality and serving up successful events.
For additional information on the Three City Collective, please contact:
- Desiree Everett, Vice President of Convention Sales, Travel Portland;
- Jennifer Vacek, Director, Convention Sales, MEETPittsburgh; or
- Leslie Johnson, Vice President of Sales, VISIT Milwaukee.
The Three Cities
Milwaukee is an easy-access destination featuring a three-venue convention campus with three connecting hotels. A blend of acclaimed restaurants, nightlife, festivals and off-site venues adds up to meetings at an incomparable value. The city offers a prime Lake Michigan location, thriving arts scene, professional sports, Midwestern hospitality and more than 3,500 hotel rooms.
Pittsburgh is as interesting as it is affordable, thanks to its transformation from a frontier town to a modern urban center in a convenient location. The expansive and sustainable David L. Lawrence Convention Center boasts LEED Platinum certification. Additionally, 5,000 hotel rooms located within the downtown place the convention center just steps away from hotel options to suit every budget.
Home to the LEED-EB Platinum certified Oregon Convention Center, Portland is one of the greenest cities in America (Wallethub, 2019). The city’s vibrant nightlife, plentiful outdoor recreation and award-winning dining scene offer delegates plenty to see and do. Portland’s acclaimed public transportation system makes it easy to get from the airport (named the nation’s best airport seven years in a row by Travel + Leisure) to the central city, where 7,500 hotel rooms serve the convention market.
Was this page helpful?