Some of what you’ve heard about Portland is true. Some is not. What matters most is that we’re true to ourselves.
There’s a river that cuts through the middle of our town. It divides the east and west. But it’s bridged — over and over again. Twelve times, to be specific. And that’s kind of a great metaphor for this city.
We’re a place of dualities that are never polarities. Two sides to the same coin that keeps landing right on its edge. Anything can happen. We like it this way.
This is the kind of place where new ideas are welcome — whether they’re creative, cutting-edge or curious at first glance. You can speak up here. You can be yourself here.
We have some of the loudest voices on the West Coast. And yes, passion pushes the volume all the way up. We’ve always been like this. We wouldn’t have it any other way.
We have faith in the future. We’re building it every day the only way we know how, by being Portland.
Come see for yourself.
FAQ for Visiting During the Pandemic
Find the latest answers to common questions about visiting Portland during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Summer Events Round-Up
Summer 2021 is a little different, but Portland has lots of concerts, festivals and markets to fill your visit!
Parks & Gardens
In a city as green as Portland, it’s only fitting that some of the top attractions are outdoor spots that appeal to home gardeners and hikers alike. With more than 200 parks and gardens within city limits the urban greens offer a breath of fresh air.
Discover the best things to do in Portland with toddlers, tweens, and every age in between.
This is Portland Video Credits
- Peter Cho and Sun Yung – Han Oak, Toki
- Justin Machus – Machus
- Diego Valeri – Portland Timbers
- Mae – Parts & Service Bar and Grill
- Ian Williams – Deadstock Coffee
- Thuy Pham – Mama Dut
- Portugal. The Man – band
- Daniyel – musician
- Nong Poonsukwattana – Nong’s Khao Man Gai
- Judith Rizzo – Out of Our Closet
- Josue Rivas – photographer
- Damian Lillard – Portland Trail Blazers
- Xiuhtezcatl – musician/activist
- Naomi Pomeroy – Ripe Cooperative
- Sávila – band
- Aaron Draplin – designer
- Tinker Hatfield – Nike
- Jon Wexler – adidas
- Bimma Williams – Claima Stories, Converse
- Kimiko Matsuda – Rose + Lincoln Juicery
- Cheyenne Sawyer – Thunderbird Tattoo
- Katsu Tanaka – Kiriko Made
- Angel Medina – La Perlita, República
- Lorettta Guzman – Bison Coffeehouse
- Anis Mojgani – Oregon Poet Laureate
- Martina Thornhill – ceramicist
- Kate Williams – Kate’s Ice Cream
- Giovanna Parolari – Una
- Dave Hill – Two Wrongs
- Megan Sanchez – Güero
- Forest Pond and Chilifa Nem – Never Home Music
- Kaspar van Lierop and daughter – Nike Skateboarding
- Axel – dancer
Was this page helpful?