The following description was submitted by the event organizer.
Visit Tabor neighborhood artists Jessica Rhys and Nicole M. Curcio's home studios as they host fellow artisans and guests for a weekend of celebrating Portland creative community and shopping handcrafted goods. Tabor Holiday Open Studios will feature creations from eight Portland artists; most artists will be on hand to chat about their work. For guests interested in learning about the creative process, some paintings and pottery in-process art will be available to see. Plus enjoy sips and snacks, see work in progress and score deals on sale items and studio seconds. Activities and hours differ by location, as follows:
Jessica Rhys’ Painting Studio
Open Studio Hours: December 7, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Address: 5830 S.E. Taylor St.
- Jessica Rhys – paintings, cards, prints, felted creatures
- Erik Railton – abstract paintings
- Marty Hogan – jewelry
Nicole M Curcio’s Ceramic and Painting Studio
Open Studio Hours: December 7-8, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Address: 3410 S.E. 56th Ave.
- Nicole M Curcio – paintings/pottery
- Paint a tile to make your own gift!
- Bridgett Spicer – mixed media, collage, paintings, zines
- Walnut Studiolo – wooden kitchen utensils
- Mark Dubac – handcrafted cutting boards and accent furniture
- Mandy Szigethy/Rose CIty Upholstery
- Marty Hogan jewelry (Sunday only)
Both studios are open on Saturday and are an easy five minute drive between them.
Upcoming Dates & Times
- Dec. 7
- Dec. 8