RACC is the steward of several public and private investments in arts and culture, and works to create an environment in which the arts and culture of the region can flourish and prosper. RACC is funded in part by local, regional, state and federal governments to provide services in five key areas:
- Through advocacy, RACC helps build support for a strong arts and culture community.
- RACC grants provide artists and arts organizations with financial support.
- Our nationally-acclaimed public art program integrates a wide range of art in public places. RACC manages Percent for Art programs for the City of Portland and Multnomah county.
- RACC provides other community serices, including workshops for artists, organizational consulting, and a variety of printed and electronic resources.
- RACC supports arts education by directly funding artists residencies in schools and is working on a comprehensive solution to provide integrated Arts Education learning for every student in the region.