Portland is hosting the 2017 Active America China Summit! Travel Portland is co-sponsoring this conference with Travel Oregon Saturday, April 22, through Wednesday, April 26, 2017. It will be held at the Hilton Portland & Executive Towers. This is a unique opportunity to sell your tourism product to 75 Chinese tour buyers without traveling outside of Portland. Active America China Summit is the only trade show/marketplace held in the United States focusing on the China market. It limits participation to a 3:1 ratio (no more than 3 sellers to 1 buyer).
The China market has increased rapidly over the last 10 years. The visa requirements have eased dramatically between the governments of the U.S. and China. It is developing into a FIT fly-drive market, while group business is still continuing. (Travel Portland China Market fact sheet).
Travel Portland, your destination marketing organization, is committed to our shared success in this interesting market. Because China is Oregon’s No. 1 overseas market, and the Portland region’s No. 2 (per VisaVue 2014), and now that we have been able to finally bring the Active America China Summit to Portland, we are increasing our China-ready training.
- China-Ready Online – Registration now available
Travel Portland invites you to China-Ready Online, a training program that will ensure you have the knowledge, resources and capacity to take full advantage of Active America China Summit. For details, please visit China-Ready Online Training Program page.
- Oct. 27, 2016 – Travel Portland Networking Event at Lan Su Chinese Garden.
- Sept. 14, 2016 – International Tourism Lunch: International tourism and the buying chain at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland.
- Sept. 7, 2016 – Travel Portland Brown Bag Lunch: Connecting with the Chinese traveler through social media at Travel Portland.
- Aug. 12, 2016 – Northwest China Council and CNify: Ecommerce to Chinese Digital Consumers Workshop.
Please check this page regularly for more information and additional opportunities.