Portland is hosting the 2017 Active America China Summit! Travel Portland is co-sponsoring this conference with Travel Oregon Saturday, April 22 through Wednesday, April 26, 2017. It will be held at the Hilton Portland & Executive Towers. This is a unique opportunity to sell your tourism product to 75 Chinese tour buyers without traveling outside of Portland. Active America China Summit is the only trade show/marketplace held in the United States focusing on the China market. It limits participation to no more than a 3:1 ration (3 sellers to 1 buyer).
The China market has increased rapidly over the last 10 years. The Visa requirements have eased dramatically between the governments of the U.S. and China. It is developing into a FIT fly-drive market, while group business is still continuing. (Travel Portland China Market Factsheet).
Travel Portland, your destination marketing organization, is committed to our shared success in this interesting market. Because China is Oregon’s #1 overseas market, and the Portland region’s #2 (per VisaVue 2014) and now that we have been able to finally bring the Active America China Summit to Portland, we are increasing our China-Ready training.
Upcoming education opportunities:
- Friday, August 12 – Northwest China Council and and CNify: Ecommerce to Chinese Digital Consumers Workshop
Northwest China Council and CNify to Portland’s first all day workshop on Ecommerce to Chinese Online Consumers. Register at http://nwchina.org/
- Wednesday, September 7 – Travel Portland Brown Bag Lunch: Connecting with the Chinese traveler through social media. Travel Portland Mt. Hood Board Room
- Wednesday, September 14 – International Tourism Lunch: International tourism and the buying chain. DoubleTree by Hilton Portland Hotel
- Thursday, October 20 – Travel Portland Networking Event at Lan Su Chinese Garden
- Being China Ready – an online seminar. (Details coming soon)
Please check our website frequently for more information and additional opportunities.