This position leads Travel Portland’s social media efforts, establishing and expressing Portland’s brand voice and connecting potential travelers to our diverse neighborhoods, local communities and authentic culture.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Advance Portland’s social voice by developing original content that brings the Portland brand to life and supports our social media content strategy.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Content Strategy, develop a strategy so that original and shared social media content complement each other.
- Serve as the primary, day-to-day contact for social media agency and contract partners, providing direction, management and oversight of the full scope of social media work.
- Manage and track marketing budget for all social media marketing activities.
- Manage regular reporting and analysis of social media activities.
- Populate the social content calendar and collaborate with Content Editor and Content Producer to fulfill social media content needs.
- Work with marketing team to raise awareness of current consumer research and incorporate insights into social media activities.
- Share industry trends, insight and agency reports on a regular basis.
- Provide support and assistance to marketing and PR teams during crisis communication activities that impact our social media activity.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal contacts on a regular basis to insure a consistent social media voice across the organization.
- Execute administrative duties as required, including preparing invoices, expense reports and purchase
Perform other related duties which may be necessary or desirable to support
This position has no supervisory responsibility but may provide leadership and guidance to volunteers and/or temporary staff and/or assist with orientation of new members of the work group.
Education and/or Experience; Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in English, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field; or
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Marketing or Communications with success in creating, organizing and supervising projects; or
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of advertising (traditional and online) agencies and business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing principles.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, internet and general knowledge of office equipment. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional and Photoshop Elements software.
- Skilled in building consumer brand presence via social media programs that deliver desired results and support sales efforts.
- Skilled in writing and proofreading.
- Skilled in professional communication.
- Ability to oversee projects via project management tools.
- Ability to make public presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Ability to travel occasionally and attend after-hours/weekend meetings or events.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
General office environment: Majority of work is completed in a general office environment with exposure to moderate levels of noise in a well-lit, well-ventilated and moderately paced environment. Continuously required to sit, perform repetitive motions of hands and wrists, see and/or respond to visual cues, and read computer screen. Frequently required to hear and/or respond to verbal/audio cues. Rarely required to stand or walk.
Travel Portland believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our overall success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this Job Description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent or Travel Portland, to just the specific work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his or her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on April 30.