Know Before You Go
While COVID restrictions have been lifted in the state of Oregon, health department officials in Multnomah County (where Portland is located) strongly recommend that all individuals should wear a mask in indoor public spaces, regardless of their vaccination status. This applies to everyone 5 years of age and older.
In addition, masks are required in certain settings including airports, airplanes and public transit, and local businesses can continue to require customers to wear masks. Be prepared and carry a mask with you just in case.
Face Covering Guidance
As of June 30, 2021, masks are not required in the state of Oregon, except while on public transit, on an airplane or in an airport, or in a medical facility.
Businesses may choose to continue to require masks and face coverings, so it is recommended to check with any business on their mask and facial covering policy before entering, and always be prepared and bring a mask just in case.
For more information and resources, visit coronavirus.oregon.gov.
FAQ About Visiting Portland During the Pandemic
Find the latest answers to common questions about when Portland is reopening and what travel restrictions are in place during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Community Resources
Join in supporting local businesses by ordering take-out or delivery and purchasing gift cards and certificates online.
Check out our round-up of things Portlanders (and those who love Portland) can do, watch and experience while at home.
COVID-19 Resources for Business Owners
Check out our round-up of resources for local businesses to support each other, recover and stay afloat
Local Portland/Oregon resources with regular updates on COVID-19 include:
- Portland Bureau of Emergency Management
- Oregon Governor Kate Brown: Coronavirus/COVID-19 Information and Resources
- Oregon Health Authority
- Portland Parks & Recreation
- Multnomah County
- Portland International Airport
- Travel Oregon COVID-19 Toolkit
- Coronavirus Closures in Oregon
National and international resources related to COVID-19 that may also be helpful include:
- CDC Activities and Initiatives Supporting the COVID-19 Response
- CDC’s Travel Advisories and Guidelines
- WHO’s Travel Recommendations and Guidelines
- U.S. Dept. of State’s Travel Advisories and Guidelines
- CDC’s Travel: FAQ Section
Was this page helpful?